Monday, May 10, 2010

happy mother's day

to my mum...

Photobucket
thank you for all that you do
and all that you are for me.
i love you.


and to all the other mammas, moms-to-be, caretakers and friends...
i think sandra bullock said it best in her oscar acceptance speech:

"...I would like to thank what this film is about for me which are the moms that take care of the babies and the children no matter where they come from. Those moms and parents never get thanked. I, in particular, failed to thank one. So… if I can take this moment to thank Helga B. for not letting me ride in cars with boys until I was 18 because she was right. I would’ve done what she said I was gonna do. For making me practice every day when I got home. Piano, ballet, whatever it is I wanted to be. She said to be an artist, you had to practice every day, and for reminding her daughters that there’s no race, no religion, no class system, no color, nothing, no sexual orientation that makes us better than anyone else. We are all deserving of love. So, to that trailblazer, who allowed me to have that."

(we haven't discussed, but i think she ROCKS more than ever)

2 comments:

rikshaw design said...

best article of her..she is amazing! i want to squeeze her lil louis! and the shot of you and your mum..adorable!

mom said...

Thank you ! Love you ! You are FABULOUS!